Some social stats for you today. Not sure that we can ‘lump’ social media and blogs together (2 different mediums and customer needs) but amazing that 80% of the internet population in the US (and I am sure in other markets) can be reached through these channels.
I recently discovered some social media statistics that businesses and social marketers will find very interesting.
- 4.8 billion people now own mobile phones – MindJumpers
- Social media and blogs reach 80% of all US Internet users of which there are 245 million – Nielsen
- There are 1 billion Facebook users – Facebook
- 91% of social marketers see improved website traffic due to social media campaigns and 79% are generating more quality leads – unknown
- 100,000 tweets are sent every minute – AllTwitter
- 684,478 pieces of content are shared on Facebook every minute – AllTwitter
- 48 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute – AllTwitter
- 47,000 apps are downloaded from the App Store every minute – AllTwitter
- 3,600 photos are shared on Instagram every minute – AllTwitter
- $272,000 is spent by consumers online every minute – AllTwitter
- Social technologies could potentially contribute $900 billion to $1.3 trillion in annual…
View original post 29 more words